What does the bible say about giving?
In Malachi 3:10, God httpshttps://mlcmbsmi.infellowship.com/onlinegiving/givenow/step1//mlcmbsmi.infellowship.com/onlinegiving/givenow/step1 us to test Him – test His faithfulness of providing for our needs – by tithing. The tithe is not about obeying a rule; it is about growing in our trust in God in every aspect of our life. There are several scriptures from the New Testament that help us develop healthy habits in giving. We should give:
· regularly – 1 Corinthians 16:2
· humbly; not to impress others – Matthew 6:3-4
· proportionally to what God has given us – 2 Corinthians 8:11-13
· generously – Romans 12:8 & 2 Corinthians 9:6
· cheerfully – 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
Why we give means everything to God. Giving is seen as an important part of our worship to God in our gratitude to Him and love for others.
What can I give toward?
General Tithes and offerings support the ongoing ministry and operations of Messiah. If you do not specify another fund, your giving is directed to the General Fund.
THIS IS OUR TIME/BUILDING FUND
We are currently in a multi-year campaign called This Is Our Time...To Live Like We Believe! The goal is three fold: to pay off the current mortgage, to establish an emergency fund and to shore up mission endeavors that support Messiah's goal to create environments to reach people for Jesus. This Is Our Time will extend through 2015. The default for giving is a 10/10/80 split; 10% toward the emergency fund, 10% toward missions and 80% toward mortgage principal reduction. However, you can designate a different split if you feel so led.
Restoration Fellowship Fund is an ongoing fund established to facilitate the creation of a new ministry outreach intentionally targeting a population dealing with hurts, hang-ups and habits.
SPECIAL PROJECTS FUND
Current designated special projects are Preschool Playground and Bibles.
Memorial Fund was established to receive gifts given as a special donation to memorialize a person or an event.
Benevolence Fund is an ongoing fund established to help with unexpected, immediate financial needs of people in the faith family or in the community.
How can I give?
We have different ways you can give to God’s work through your tithes and offerings.
- During worship services by cash or check. For proper tax credit for cash gifts, please use an envelope and include your full name and address.
- Online uses Give Now to give a single gift, to schedule recurring automated giving, or to view your giving history. It’s quick, easy, and secure. Online giving does not make a distinction regarding a debit card or a credit card. We strongly discourage credit card use and do not wish anyone go into debt by tithing or giving. The Bible speaks in Proverbs 22:7 about “…the borrower [being] servant to the lender.”
- Electronic Bill Paying is provided by many banks and credit unions.
- Mail a check to the church Messiah 1550 South Poseyville Road, Midland, MI 48640.
- Gifts of stocks can be given; contact the finance office to get brokerage account information 835.7143
We sincerely appreciate financial support. Messiah Lutheran Church reserves the right to redirect finances to the area of ministry most needed within each fund. All contributions are non-refundable. To be tax deductible you must make instruments payable to Messiah Lutheran Church.
If you have any questions, please contact the Messiah Finance Office at 989.835.7143 ext 220 or via email.